Free yourself from pain, fear & stress so you can live the life you want and live it to the full.
Many people still think their body works separately from their mind despite more and more research showing it doesn’t. Doctors now accept that stress is a major factor in many health problems and accept the power of the placebo effect.
Although I have trained in various forms of body work/ physical therapies and mind healing approaches, I do not practice these on their own. Body~Mind Coaching is a seamless, careful combination of aspects of these, which are tailored to help your particular problem.
Wellbeing benefits of Body~Mind Coaching:
Physical: Pain reduction, better sleep, improves and speeds healing ability, more mobility & flexibility, more energy .
Emotional: Reduced stress levels, feeling of relief, better concentration, increased confidence, clarity and ability to move forward with a sense of wellbeing.
Other: Increased productivity, more enjoyment, more creative, better communication and therefore relationships, better work / life balance.
“Julie has treated me, for almost 2 years and my life has been transformed. My mind is more focused, my body feels like it did 20 years ago and I feel great. The Trager and EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing) has been a revelation to me despite being unable to explain why the changes have happened. Since the treatment started I have been inspired to explore new things and come to terms with my mother’s issues. I cannot thank you enough for this. I was looking at my feet today. They have changed so much over the last few months and seem longer. Another funny thing is that since the EMDR session, my wife says I have not been snoring so much and, I feel personally, I have been breathing better.
I feel it achieved a great deal and I think I am beginning to realise what has been happening to me over many years. I feel more content today than ever before. Bill Togni Director of Cardpos Europe Ltd. Dec 03
Do you have any of the following symptoms?
- Body: Pain, stiffness, tension, aching, shortness of breath, paralysis, pins and needles, tiredness
- Mind: Anxiety, fear, nightmares, agitated, poor concentration, lack of self discipline, angry or upset about an old issue, low self esteem
Do you want to learn ways to help yourself:
- Develop a more balanced, relaxed and enjoyable life
- Have more energy or stamina and become fitter
- Know how to prevent muscular injuries and how to treat any you have
- Have better balance, posture or performance
Body~Mind Coaching will help you think differently about the issues you have and think creatively about how you can improve and help yourself.
Your wellbeing is the most important thing in your life yet it often gets neglected as looking after ourselves is seen as selfish. However if you are not well, you can’t look after anyone else and someone has to look after you. So is it really selfish to look after yourself? Free yourself from pain, fear & stress so you can live the life you want and live it to the full.
The principles behind this holistic approach:
- No pain more gain
- Education is key to long lasting benefits
- Understanding the language you use and how it affects your desired outcome
- Your body is a reflection of what is going on with you, your thoughts and feelings
The approach emphasises responsibility for our own health and wellbeing. Open, honest two-way communication and feedback are paramount to the success of this therapeutic and coaching relationship. All you need is the willingness and commitment to get better.
Treatment is kind and gentle to your body and teaches you how you too can be kind to it. By understanding and listening to your body’s needs, you can help it heal. Whatever your problem, there is always something that can be done to help improve the quality of your life.
The solution often lies in a carefully selected combination of things (treatment, remedies, support products, self help techniques) rather than a quick fix.
Physical, mental and emotional balance & gets you from where you are now to where you want to be!
Types of problems which have been helped…
- Physical: Asthma, arthritis, back pain, sciatic pain, RSI, stress, poor posture, stroke recovery, Guillain-Barre Syndrome, Multiple Sclerosis, cystitis, migraine, painful feet or legs, plantar fasciitis, tennis and golfer’s elbow, headaches, menstrual problems.
- Emotional: poor confidence, anxiety, many fears (including public speaking, heights, wasps), stress, depression, bereavement, relationship issues, nightmares, exam nerves.
What is different about it Body~Mind Coaching?
With most treatment, the benefits last as long as you keep receiving sessions. Body~Mind Coaching teaches you things you can do, in your everyday life, (without having to take time out to do exercise or go to a gym) this is movement education. This is necessary in order to avoid the problem reoccurring and know things you can do if you do sustain an injury.
Sessions are more than just a treatment, they are about self-discovery, finding ways to move more freely, to do more with less effort so you can also regain energy. As with any learning process, the effects are cumulative, so a series of sessions is recommended for maximum benefit.
Unlike many other therapists including physiotherapists, chiropractors and doctors, I am not just interested in using techniques to fix symptoms. I am interested in bringing about awareness and understanding to empower clients and give them the confidence to find a resolution to their problems rather than have to rely on a outside source to keep fix them.
How does it work?
When the body is in pain, it is an indication there is something wrong. Inducing more pain, through pressure or force, in order to get rid of pain, has always been an odd concept to me. The key to pain relief is to allow the muscles to relax. When this happens, more space is created in the joints, pressure on the nerves subsides and in turn the pain decreases and more movement is possible.
Deep relaxation comes from a conscious awareness of your body and allowing it to release. Although simple, relaxation is not simply watching TV or even lying on a bed and falling asleep. As the mind can only focus on one thing at a time, the process of staying present with the experiences in your body also allows the mind to relax. Once you have discovered and experienced this deep state of relaxation during a session, you can then practice bringing it into daily activities.
- Seen a doctor or Physiotherapist and been told: “there is nothing more they can do for you, just learn to live with it”.
- Been on a waiting list for treatment and feel fed up?
- Got pain because of arthritis, injury, pregnancy, sport, gardening, ‘slipped’ disk?
- A paralysis because of a stroke, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Guillain-Barre Syndrome or injury?
- Been wanting to improve your performance in your sporting or professional life?
- A desire or a need to feel more relaxed and more confident, wanting to improve your posture or public speaking performance?
Find out why there is no need to suffer in this article.
Body~Mind Coaching can help you!
One to one sessions
A full case history is taken, to find out not only what your symptoms currently are but, what may have caused them and how your condition affects you, what makes it worse or better for example. This helps me to know you as a person, not just as a selection of symptoms and enables me to select the right combination of therapies to use.
Sessions time usually lasts 90 min but can be up to 4 hours if you are travelling a long way to get to the session.
Talk-demonstrations, classes or workshops
I can come to you, either in the workplace or to your group. Talk-demonstrations 1 to 2 hrs are an ideal way to discover if this form of work is for you. Workshops 2 to 8 hrs give you a deeper appreciation of how your life could feel with the help of some simple techniques, movements and suggestions. Workshops are an opportunity to treat yourself to some time out and learn from others. Ideal for people having to travel far to experience a session, or for people who would like me to travel to them.
Your life could be different! Contact me now to find out how!